© 2022 Kitty Downer – All rights reserved.
- This event has passed.
Conquer self-doubt and become a better writer
July 2, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Details as below. Please visit the event link to reserve your seat.
As Sylvia Plath famously said, \”The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.\”
If this enemy has ever waged war on your mind and stopped you from writing, consider attending our new workshop: \”Conquer self-doubt and become a better writer\”.
As writers and as individuals, there will be times when self-doubt creeps into our minds like a filthy vagrant, poisoning our thoughts and spirits as he squats there.
Self-doubt can stop us in our tracks. We freeze in mid-write and our manuscripts never get finished. But we don’t need to let self-doubt paralyse us and keep us from pursuing our writing goals and from fulfilling our dreams.
This workshop will equip you with the framework to use self-doubt as a tool to actually make you a better writer. Say what? Yes, really.
Discover how you can manage and master the beautiful monster that is self-doubt to help you raise your writing game:
• Understand self-doubt: What is it? What causes it? What impact does it have on you personally, and as a writer?
• Understand the world of a writer and its implication and impact on a writer’s self-confidence.
• Understand and reconnect with the why behind why you write and what you write. What drives you? What motivates you? What compels you to write?
• Manage and navigate self-doubt so that it works for you: Harness both the positive and the negative aspects of self-doubt to help you become a better writer.
• Gain confidence in showcasing your writing and promoting yourself as a writer.
**The first 10 people to sign up will enjoy 10% off the ticket price.